Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Where Ya Been?

Today is the first day I'm home alone with the kids after a blissful 11 days with the hubster home.  It was a very lazy, very slow break and I have to say, much needed.  We had a lot we could have done.  Lots of projects and house stuff, but for this particular break, we took it easy, for the most part.  I didn't blog, barely  interacted on Facebook and instead immersed myself in my family and...my knitting.  For real.  I am so excited by what I've gotten done these past few days!

Freakin horrible picture but under those presents is a completed knitted tree skirt.  I actually finished it this year!! Yeah!!

                                    Cassidy and Elijah, doing something on the internet, with what?  What's that?  Are they under their FINISHED blankets?  Why, yes....yes they are.  Go Mom!! This just needed the ends woven in, which is a dreaded task and Eli's needed a crochet border.  I did three rounds and it took almost a whole skein of Knit Picks Brava in Bulky, but I got that whipped in under an hour!  Finishing feels as good as starting!
Woah!  This is done too?? Yes-sir-eee!!  All ends woven in and border crocheted.  He's happy!  I'm happy.  I'm kicking knitting (er....crocheting actually) butt!!

There are other projects not finished, that I've made signifcant progress on, like Calla's blanket, which just needs a few more repeats of the lace pattern, and Mallory's which just needs put together. I had the self-discipline to weave in most of the ends of her blanket already, so that will be a quick finish I think. Sadly, Jamie's sweater was frogged because the hole I found was not able to be repaired without looking like ass, and since it's the THIRD time I've frogged it, I'm thinking this yarn is demanding a different pattern to show off it's beauty.  His sock?  Hahahah!  I think it has a couple more rows on it too, since I have it in the car and make myself knit on it whenever we go anywhere together in the car.  Why do I hate these so much?  I don't know, but it's on my bucket list to make a pair of socks and I will get them done before I die. I finished the scarf for a friend's daughter, but it's not going to her as I am not happy with how it turned out.

I'm going through each UFO one by one and giving them a little love until I'm sick of looking at them, or run out of yarn, or just finish them.  For some reason, I'm not too interested in starting anything new right now.  Just finishing.

I've also torn through every single sweater I purchase for unraveling and now have a gorgeous stash of cashmere, silk and merino to morph into whatever I want, whenever I want.  Just not right now.  I'm thinking of doing scarf/hat sets eventually.

For now, I'm dreaming of putting my knitting needles up for a bit and getting back to my first love, quilting.  I have a gift to make and I'm super duper excited about it!

I hope everyone out there had a magical, wonderful holiday!! I sure did enjoy mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment