Monday, October 15, 2012

Dear Nickelodeon

Dear Nickelodeon,

I'd like to start by thanking you for all the hours of entertainment you've provided for my children through the years.  Because of your efforts, my children have enjoyed hours of exploring with Dora, finding clues with Blue and rescuing wild animals in the rainforest with native siblings who not only are responsible enough to clean their rooms, but also to take on exotic creatures without adult supervision. Kudos.  But there's something we seriously need to discuss.  This:

This is the elephant in the room and it's high time we discussed the fact that any person with working knowledge of human reproduction  recognizes the phallic nature of this character you've created. Come on guys.  One eye?  Nubs?  Dubba-Tee-Eff.  Did someone have a bad night the day before the creative minds that be sat down and decided what characters would star in the Next Big Thing To Annoy Parents?  Did someone get stuck and look for inspiration in the daily mail which included an "Adult Gifts" catalog?  There has to be some sort of explaination as to why a big red walking dildo does the "Snake" when it's "TIME TO DANCE..." on a kids show.

Did you think we, the parents, wouldn't notice this?  Did you think that we'd be so shamed to see what this is, wondering if anyone else saw it and out of concern for our reputation we'd keep quiet, not wanting to be the first to call out what is so blantantly obvious? Or is this a premeditated slip, all ink dot test like, to filter out the true perves among society?  I just gotta know.

Sincerely,

Concerned Parent Who Can't Help By Have a Giggle-Infested Fit Every Time Munu Does the "Snake...sn, snake....snuh, nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh SNAKE."

P.S. Dude, I checked with mulitple other adults I trust.  They see it too.  Do not bother with a reply suggesting therapy for my sick twisted mind.  It's the one thing I got going for me.

2 comments:

  1. Well... I never saw him like that before. But now, I don't think I'll ever enjoy Yo Gabba Gabba the same way again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband was looking up the name "Muno" online to see if, in another language, it meant something uh, you know...suggestive and told me in his research he found that Urban Dictionary has it listed as meaning 'big red dildo' I totally did not know this before writing this post, but I feel somewhat vindicated ;)

    ReplyDelete